Posted on March 11, 2019
The National Pay and Benefits Survey 2019, the fourth survey in the Pay and Benefits series is now open. Community, voluntary and charitable organisations are invited to take part in this important survey that aims to develop a comprehensive overview of pay and benefits in the non-profit sector.
The survey results are invaluable to the sector and the resulting report will assist boards, policy makers, managers and staff to understand current trends and practices in relation to pay and conditions of employment in the sector. It is also an essential resource to HR departments as a benchmark for non-profits assessing their own pay structures.
To complete the survey, your organisation can choose one of the following links:
- For small organisations (between 0 to 10 employees), click here
- For medium and large organisations (over 10 employees), click here
Survey respondents will be automatically included in a draw to receive €300 for staff activities/ celebrations in your organisation. The winner will be informed once the survey is closed.
This survey was previously conducted in 2008, 2015 and 2017. Both reports can be accessed here.
Completing the Questionnaire
Please ensure that the person completing this survey has access to information about pay and benefits at ALL levels of the organisation. Please download the explanatory notes at the link below, to refer to as you complete it. The options for completing the questionnaire are:
- Online: There are two different questionnaires- one for small organisations (fewer than 10 employees) and one for medium to large organisations (10 employees or more).
- Word version (post or email): If you prefer, you can complete a Word document version by clicking on the link below and downloading the questionnaire and explanatory notes. The instructions for returning the Word version are on the front of the questionnaire. You can return a hard copy or soft copy, and you can complete it by hand or in MS Word; link below
- Explanatory notes to complete the survey: click here
- Printed survey for medium to large organisations (10+ staff): click here
- Printed survey for small organisations (9 or fewer staff): click here
Closing Date and Confidentiality
We would be grateful if you would complete the survey before the closing date of the 3rd May 2019. We expect the survey to take between 20 minutes (small organisations) and 50 minutes (medium and large organisations) of your time. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Robert O’ Donoghue of Quality Matters on email@example.com / 01 8720030
Please note that the data collected will be treated in strictest confidence and your organisation will not be identifiable in any report resulting from the survey. Only the research team will have access to the survey data. Your input is highly valued and will help all of us to develop a shared understanding of our sector, as well as increasing our transparency and accountability to the public.