The Tony Ryan Trust established a fund with us to support children and young people in Tipperary to reach their full potential.
The ‘Tony Ryan Fund for Tipperary’ was established in 2013 by the Tony Ryan Trust to give financial support to evidence-based initiatives that support children and young people in County Tipperary to reach their full potential. The core focus of the funding was to improve the life experience of Children and Young People living in County Tipperary. Funding of €1.9million was committed and to be disbursed over a five-year timeframe.
This grant round is now closed
Community Grants Programme 2018
Grant amounts: up to €5,000
Open to community and voluntary organisations working in County Tipperary.
Loving our Land
Grants will support:
Community and school initiatives that seek to educate, promote and encourage people to connect with their local environment and think about sustainability. Projects may address food growing, increasing biodiversity, improving soil quality, cleaning waterways. As examples Projects can include community/school gardens, nature trails, food cooperatives and local organising, advocating for change with your local politicians and representatives.
Grants of up to €5,000 will be available.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- An identified need that can be addressed with this funding
- How the initiative will increase awareness of and engagement with sustainability
- That the initiative has engaged with and secured the support of the local community
- How many beneficiaries there will be as a result
- A clear budget
Grants will not support:
- Animal charities
- Overseas travel
- Political activity
- Missionary activity
- Projects outside County Tipperary
Timeline: NOTE: Growing projects should be prepared to begin seed planting in early March if successful
30th January 2018: Fund open for applications
20th February 2018: Closing date
2nd March 2018: Outcomes announced
2nd March 2018: Grant payments issued (if successful)
1st November 2018: Outcome reports to be submitted to The Community Foundation
How to apply: Complete the online application form here
Some of the programmes previously supported include:
- High Scope training for ECCE workers in community-based settings
- Incredible Years training for teachers and ECCE workers in community-based settings
- Roots of Empathy programme rolled out to schools across Tipperary
- Community Mothers programme collaborating North and South and reaching expanded areas
- Big Brother Big Sister programme
- NFTE youth entrepreneurship programme
- Work Winner youth employment programme
- Youth mental health supports
- Community grants for youth and new communities (2017)
A very positive independent evaluation of the impact of The Tony Ryan Fund for Tipperary was published in November 2015. The fund had allocated €1million in private philanthropic funding over two years at that stage, for programmes supporting children and young people in County Tipperary. It allowed focus on a specific geographic area and cohort, making effect at county level, through a Donor Advised Fund. The fund enabled us to get deeply involved with issues, stakeholders and services, adding value to the wealth of talent and resources in the existing infrastructure. View further information on the evaluation here.