The Tony Ryan Trust established a fund with us to support children and young people in Tipperary to reach their full potential.
The ‘Tony Ryan Fund for Tipperary’ was established in 2013 by the Tony Ryan Trust to give financial support to evidence-based initiatives that support children and young people in County Tipperary to reach their full potential. The core focus of the funding was to improve the life experience of Children and Young People living in County Tipperary. Funding of €1.9million was committed and to be disbursed over a five-year timeframe.
Some of the programmes supported include:
- High Scope training for ECCE workers in community-based settings
- Incredible Years training for teachers and ECCE workers in community-based settings
- Roots of Empathy programme rolled out to schools across Tipperary
- Community Mothers programme collaborating North and South and reaching expanded areas
- Big Brother Big Sister programme
- NFTE youth entrepreneurship programme
- Work Winner youth employment programme
- Youth mental health supports
- Community grants for youth and new communities (2017)
A very positive independent evaluation of the impact of The Tony Ryan Fund for Tipperary was published in November 2015. The fund had allocated €1million in private philanthropic funding over two years at that stage, for programmes supporting children and young people in County Tipperary. It allowed focus on a specific geographic area and cohort, making effect at county level, through a Donor Advised Fund. The fund enabled us to get deeply involved with issues, stakeholders and services, adding value to the wealth of talent and resources in the existing infrastructure. View further information on the evaluation here.
In early 2017 the fund awarded €120,000 in community grants to 28 organisations working with youth and new communities in County Tipperary. It has not been confirmed if any further rounds of these grants will be opened, however any information will be posted on this page or through our newsletter.
Sign up to our Community Groups newsletter below to stay up to date on all of our Types of Grants.