Early Childhood Ireland National Pyjama Day Fund 2018
Pyjama Day is Early Childhood Ireland’s national fundraising day and this year their members all over Ireland organised Pyjama Days in their communities. The funds raised will now go to support children aged from birth to six years through grants distributed from the fund.
Interested organisations are invited to complete the online Expression of Interest (EOI) form on or before 4pm on Friday 29th June 2018. EOIs will then be shortlisted and a number of organisations invited to make full applications to the fund. Grants are up to €60,000 and they can be for projects taking place over one to three years.
Grants amounts: Between €20,000 and €60,000 per annum
Grant period: 1 to 3 years
Early Childhood Ireland will be supported by The Community Foundation for Ireland to assess and administer the grants.
Criteria: Innovative Projects for Children under 6 with Additional Needs: Indoors and Outdoors
Grants will support:
- Organisations with a national remit
- projects addressing the needs of children with additional needs;
- projects which are innovative and creative in design; and
- projects which have a plan for mainstreaming over the duration of the proposal
- multiannual projects taking place over one to three years will be considered, subject to there being evidence of sustainability beyond the three year period.
Applications for the ECI Pyjama Day Fund will only be accepted from community and voluntary organisations that possess charitable aims, are not for profit, and are based in the Republic of Ireland. Applicant organisations must have a National Remit within the Republic of Ireland.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- an identified need that can be addressed with this funding;
- a clear plan over 1 to 3 years and accompanying funding request;
- the intended outcomes including who will be the beneficiaries;
- a clear budget including any management costs to support project; and
- a commitment to publish yearly a short video for publication by ECI on the use of the funds
Grants will not support:
- Animal charities
- Overseas travel
- Political activity
- Capital project contributions
The Application process:
- An Expression of Interest (EOI) can be completed online from 7th June and must be submitted before 4pm on Friday 29th June 2018
- You can complete the online form here: https://communityfoundationireland.secure.force.com/forms/EOI-ECI2018
- If your application does not get shortlisted you will be informed in Mid July 2018
- EOI’s will be shortlisted in mid July and a maximum of 20 organisations will be invited to submit a Full Application, to be submitted by the end of July 2018
- Being invited to submit a Full Application does not imply that an organisation will be successful in their grant application
- A grants panel will assess the Full Applications and you will be informed of the outcome in early September
- The successful grant recipients will be announced in mid September 2018
- An Interim Progress report will be due in January 2019
- Successful grant recipients will be invited to a learning roundtable event in April 2019
- Final Reports for Once-off grants will be due in September 2019
- Interim Reports for multiannual grants will be required at regular intervals and Final Reports will be due upon conclusion