Please note the closing date for this fund has passed and we are no longer accepting Expressions of Interest (EOIs).
Pyjama Day is Early Childhood Ireland’s national fundraising day and this year their members all over Ireland organised Pyjama Days in their communities. The funds raised will now go to support children aged from birth to six years through grants distributed from the fund.
Interested organisations were invited to complete the online Expression of Interest (EOI) form on or before 4pm on Friday 30th June 2017. EOIs were then shortlisted and a number of organisations were invited to make full applications to the fund. Grants are up to €60,000 and they can be for projects taking place over one to three years.
Grants will support:
- organisations with a national remit only. Local or regional organisations are not eligible
- children with additional needs in their community or their early years setting
- proposals that are innovative and creative in design
- proposals which have a plan for mainstreaming over the duration of the proposal
- multiannual projects taking place over one to three years will be considered, subject to there being evidence of sustainability beyond the three year period.
Applications for the Early Childhood Ireland National Pyjama Day Fund will only be accepted from community and voluntary organisations that possess charitable aims, are not-for-profit, and are based in the Republic of Ireland. Applicant organisations must have a National Remit within the Republic of Ireland.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- an identified need that can be addressed with this funding
- a clear plan over 1 to 3 years and accompanying funding request
- the intended outcomes including who will be the beneficiaries
- a clear budget including any management costs to support the project
- a commitment to publish yearly a short video for publication by Early Childhood Ireland on the use of the funds.
Grants will not support:
- Local or regional organisations (Organisations with a national remit are eligible only)
- Animal charities
- Overseas travel
- Political activity
- Capital project contributions
The Application Process
- An Expression of Interest (EOI) can be completed online and must be submitted before 30th June 2017
- If your application does not get shortlisted you will be informed in Mid July
- EOI’s will be shortlisted in mid-July and a maximum of 20 organisations will be invited to submit a Full Application, to be submitted by the end of July
- Being invited to submit a Full Application does not imply that an organisation will be successful in their grant application
- A grants panel will assess the Full Applications and you will be informed of the outcome in early September
- The successful grant recipients will be announced in mid-September
- An Interim Progress report will be due in January 2018
- Successful grant recipients will be invited to a learning roundtable event in April 2018
- Final Reports for Once-off grants will be due in May 2018
- Interim Reports for multiannual grants will be required at regular intervals and Final Reports will be due upon conclusion